file Limestone Creek lost Abel Creek 1 fly reel

• Posts 9

fishobob created: Limestone Creek lost Abel Creek 1 fly reel

Didn't know where to post this one so I thought travel talk might do..

Bloody disappointed in myself as I somehow managed to leave behind an Abel Creek #1 on Limestone Creek over the weekend. Rather shattered as it's one of the limited edition Prosek models that I have a couple of, number 99 of 100. It's the Golden Trout model as seen here www.bearsden.com/product7363.html Pretty sure I left it at or on my car at the 1st crossing of Limestone Creek just downstream of Clare Creek before driving back upstream to my camp on the 2nd flat. I went back to search the following day when I realised but found no sign of it:(

Pretty attached to my Abel reels, so on slim chance that anyone hears of it being found and aids in its return to me, I'd pay a reward. If anyone finds it or hears of it, please let me know on 0438110651 or at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Cheers and back to being angry at myself I go for being an idiot and losing the reel!

Cheers and all the best,
Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Posts 17

Jingler replied: Limestone Creek lost Abel Creek 1 fly reel

Sorry I can’t help but I really hope someone does the right thing and returns it to you .
Might be worth posting on the various fly fishing groups on Facebook as well .

• Posts 9

fishobob replied: Limestone Creek lost Abel Creek 1 fly reel

Thanks mate & I hope so too but the chances might be similar to winning lotto...

Appreciate the tip. I’m not on Facebook but could do it from my girlfriend’s account or reactivate my old account. Any suggestions on which groups?

Cheers!

Cheers and all the best,
Rob

• Posts 16

Bill_M replied: Limestone Creek lost Abel Creek 1 fly reel

Hey Rob, hope it turns up, I have 3 Proseks - I know how attached you can get to a flyreel.

Worst case scenario, check if it is covered by your Home/Contents or Motor Vehicle Insurance. Sometimes lost items are covered.

Bill

• Posts 9

fishobob replied: Limestone Creek lost Abel Creek 1 fly reel

Thanks Bill and no luck yet with Parks Victoria or Vic Pol at Omeo. Pretty much resigned to the fact that I'll never see it again:(

Checked with Abel and they no longer make them or have old inventory of any Creek reels, so I'm out of luck there too in terms of getting another Creek 1, obviously not the golden brown anodising, so that I can at least use my other spool.

I will check out H&C insurance, thanks!

Cheers and all the best,
Rob

You are not logged in.